Monday, September 21, 2009

Box 8, Box 3

I took Box 8 with Greengage in it out to Ringland yesterday.

The flying bees left behind took no time tearing down the newspaper between the two brood boxes to get at a new queen. As I went to check them this afternoon a bee flew out of the entrance carrying a piece of newspaper about an inch and a half long and up and over a large apple tree it flew taking the strip of newspaper with it.

I merged the frames of the two boxes together. Hopefully that is another queen that will now have a colony that will be strong enough to take her through the winter. The box they are in is Box 3. It has a feeder bucket on.

I put another full bucket of feed on Honey Stripes hive and the two Willow09 hives. On my next visit I should open them up and take one of the brood boxes off Honey Stripes hive (she has three) and possibly put an extra brood box on each of the other two.

No comments: