Thursday, October 16, 2008

George's bees, Postwick apiary visit

I checked over Georges bees with him today. Showed him the queen (she is well marked yellow) and fed them some more sugar syrup. I'm not sure why but they were ejecting some of the bees from the hive.

Paid a visit to the Postwick apiary and put roofs on three hives there that didn't have one. I put a super on two of the hives that have a double brood box. I gave the smaller single brood box hives a quick look inside. All have the brood in the middle of the box and they all need to store more sugar. The buckets that I put on during my last visit were half finished.

I bought three more 25 kilo bags of sugar today.

Postwick visits
Thursday, October 9, 2008
Friday, September 26, 2008
Friday September 19th 2008
Thursday, September 11, 2008

No comments: