Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Electric Feral Bees

















Electric Feral Bees.

It is too late in the year by good couple of months to get call outs for swarms of bees. However, there are still bees out there that are not where they should be. Today's feral bees were inside an electrical box located outside. No one would have known they were there if there hadn't been a fault to fix.

My photograph is not very good but you can see the honey comb that I removed in order that the electrician can fix what he needs to fix.

There isn't much in the way of store in the honeycomb I removed and there weren't really many bees either. I'm not sure if these bees would have survived the winter if they had been left alone.

I will help them all I can by giving them a new home and plenty of food but I fear it may not be possible to get these bees through the winter and save them.

No comments: